Dreams that interest you

Go down

Dreams that interest you

Post  frenchsnake on Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:43 pm

A few days ago, I had a dream that took place at a weird anime con where nothing really seemed right, even in the dream. I got lost in a maze made of curtains for a while, and in the very middle, there was a tank full of octopuses and other sea creatures that would try to grab you if you wandered too close to the tank. Then there was another part with rock cliffs and maybe a stadium of some sort, and I met someone there who had been tracking me for an unknown reason. He said that he had had to torture and kill some of my friends, and as proof he showed me a yearbook from PHS with a two-page spread in remembrance of Seth and Debbie. When I saw that they were both dead, I was struck with much more pain and emotion than I ever have been in real life (that I recall) and I screamed and cried with abandon, just shrieking towards the sky. It was awful, but liberating at the same time. Mourning is freeing, perhaps.

I suppose the closest thing I can come to describing todayís dream was demon possession, though that doesnít seem exactly right. Maybe he was some sort of shapeshifter or something. In any case, this one (guy?) kept showing up and doing cruel things to me, driving me nearly mad with rage and paranoia. I never knew where he would show up and who would turn out to be him, and he killed a lot of people and things I loved. And he threw fruit at me? It was very extensive and I donít remember a lot of it, but I remember that near the end I succeeded in finally outdoing him and stealing the two artifacts that gave him his power when he was camping out at my old farm. He became very pathetic then, begging me for their return and trying to befriend me because he was practically nothing without them. But by that time, he had tormented me for so long that I had become cold and cruel myself, and I taunted him and kept a tight grip on the artifacts so that he could never get them back. There was more to it after that, maybe even more beings like him, but Iíve lost it all now.

My second dream happened after Iíd woken up and gone back to sleep, so it was very different. In this dream, my whole family were farmers or something like that in the country, and I was fascinated by crop circles. So I steeled myself and went walking into the middle of one, probably the owl-looking one I saw online yesterday. To my great surprise, when I walked onto it, I gained all sorts of unusual powers, apparently including x-ray vision. With my new powers, I was able to see down into the earth under the crop circle and easily extract a shining meteor embedded deep in the middle of one of the circles. It was a mixture of green and iridescent purple. I was blown away at the meteorís beautyÖ Of course, I had to hide it (and my newfound powers) from my family. It seemed like a fun dream. I remember noticing for the first time that all of the crop circles Iíve seen online recently were located on the same farm, and commenting that he would soon be running out of fields in which to find new crop circles. Heh.

Man, so many death dreams lately. At least that last one was fun.

frenchsnake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dreams that interest you

Post  KaibaGirl007 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:37 pm

Ooo, interesting. Did you analyse them to find out what they meant?

View user profile http://kaibaland.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post  frenchsnake on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:22 pm

No, I haven't tried to analyze them... I think I'll try doing that now.

Obituary (like in the yearbook): an end to old attitudes and outdated beliefs
Occult: To dream of the occult, indicates that there is something just under the surface that you need to acknowledge. There is some wisdom that you need to apply to your daily life.
Octopus: To see an octopus in your dream, signifies that you are entangled in some difficult matter or that some situation is clouded
Orca/whale: To see an orca in your dream, signifies distrust and suspicious motives.
orphan (family killed): To dream that you are an orphan, suggests that you need to learn to be more independent and self-sufficient.
malice: To dream that others have malice towards you, denotes a false friend who is working on harming you.
maze: To dream that you are in a maze, denotes that you need to deal with the task on hand on a more direct level. You are making the situation harder than it really is. Alternatively, the maze symbolizes life's twists and turns. It represents confusion, missteps, feeling lost or being misled.
cruelty: To dream that you or someone is being cruel, signifies the release of pent-up hostility and anger. You may need to acknowledge the shadow and negative aspects of your personality. To dream that someone is being cruel to you, suggests that you need to develop your inner and outer strengths and become more emotionally strong.
power: To dream that you have power, indicates your growing confidence, high self-esteem and increasing skills. Alternatively, your dream of power may try to compensate for a waking situation in which you were powerless. To dream that you do not have any power or feel powerless, refers to a waking situation in which you felt unable to do anything.
murder: To dream that you witness a murder, indicates deep-seated anger towards somebody. Consider how the victim represents aspects of yourself that you want to destroy or eliminate. To dream that you are murdered, suggests that some important and significant relationship has been severed and you are trying to disconnect yourself from your emotions. It also represents your unused talents.
family: To see your own family in your dream, represents security, warmth and love. It could also symbolize bitterness, jealousy, or rivalry, depending on your relationship with your family. Alternatively, it could mean that you are overly dependent on your family, especially if the family members are in your recurring dreams .Consider also the significance of a particular family member or the relationship you have with them.
farm:To see or live on a farm in your dream, suggests that you need to develop an aspect of yourself and utilize your potential. You are ready for growth.
owl:To see an owl in your dream, symbolizes wisdom, insight and virtue. The owl is also synonymous with death and darkness.
alien (crop circles):To see aliens in your dream, signifies that you are having difficulties adapting and adjusting to your new surroundings. You are feeling "alienated" and invaded. You are also having difficulties in how to handle or deal with a certain situation or person. On a psychological level, seeing aliens may represent an encounter with an unfamiliar or neglected aspect of your own self.
death:To dream about the death of a loved one, suggests that you are lacking a certain aspect or quality that the loved one embodies. Ask yourself what makes this person special or what do you like about him. It is that very quality that you are lacking in your own relationship or circumstances. Alternatively, it indicates that whatever that person represents has no part in your own life.

frenchsnake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  frenchsnake on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:36 pm

Based on all that, and considering what I've been up to lately... I guess I've been dreaming about my post-graduation anxiety. I don't have a job yet, I don't know where I'm headed... That, and I'm really not getting along with my parents right now. So kind of an obvious interpretation, really. I'm totally lost, and I've been having nothing but nightmares.

frenchsnake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  frenchsnake on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:51 am

I had a weird one today about an Easter egg hunt of doom, where we had to collect all the eggs or this ridiculously huge monster would eat us. Also, there was another bit about farming. Sheesh.

frenchsnake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CrimsonWings on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:22 am

We had a pretty cold night the other night and I kept my window open... and even though it had been 78 degrees that day, I had a dream that it was 30 degrees out on monday (today), and it was snowing, and I'm like scrambling around in a panic trying to find my winter coat and boots and stuff, and just everything was going wrong. lol Soo yeah.. makes no sense to me. But then again not many things do. =P
CrimsonWings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down